Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sneak Peek Saturday~ Crossfire (Addicted, 2) by Brandi Salazar



“Patrick, this is Isaac, our new wherever-we-need-him guy,” I said, using Marcy’s words to describe him. “You’ll be training him while I’m away.”

Pursing his lips and narrowing his eyes, Patrick sized Isaac up from head to toe. “Anything I should know about this character before I take him under my wing and share all my secrets?” he asked, totally serious. 


I turned my own eyes on Isaac and regarded him for a long moment. “Well, he doesn’t talk much—”


“The deadliest kind.”


“He seems to catch on quick.”


“Highly observant. Possibly dangerous.” Patrick rubbed a thoughtful finger across his bottom lip. 


“And he smells good.” I blushed a little on that one, but I figured if I put it out there then it would instantly diffuse the awkward feeling building inside me since my discovery. It didn’t. 


“Gay?” Patrick asked him. 


Isaac’s eyes widened, immediately affronted by the question. “What? No!”


“Homophobe?” Patrick asked in a dangerous tone. 


I nearly laughed at the deer in the headlights look flashing in Isaac’s eyes. After a tense silence, Patrick took pity on him and burst out laughing. Punching him in the shoulder, Patrick said, “Dude, I’m just messin’ with you.” 


*****

Crossfire is the second book in the Addicted to Magic series. As you can see, it contains just as much, if not more, humor than the first! I love Jessica and her BFF Amber. They always give me a chuckle, but the laughs don't stop there. Keep your eye out for more of Crossfire as we close in on its August release date. And, if you enjoyed this sneak peek, drop me a line and tell me about it! I always enjoy hearing from my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comment below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...