Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I finally finished editing Wingless, one of my friend's novels. I am pleased with the results, especially since she seems to be happy about them as well. Problem is, now I have all this time on my hands that I don't know what to do with. So, I have been slacking on homework and researching how to promote my own works of art. It doesn't sound as if I am really being modest, but in reality, I totally am. Thing is, I don't even know where to begin!

I've joined all kinds of market places, facebook sites, and signed up for countless accounts across the board. The only true success I have had in really getting any of the avenues I have started up and running in my favor is on a site called Digycat. They feature indie authors which gets the word out there for all to see. It's a great tool to have. Other than that, I have so many things to read, sign up for, create accounts for, and input information that I feel like my head is about to explode. Who knew there was so much information out there!

One thing I am trying to do is link up this blogger account to Amazon. Seems their widgets don't want to work with me today :/ They work for everyone else! These are the hiccups and road blocks that can be truly frustrating and discouraging. Not to mention time consuming. But I am hanging in there. Between editing, writing, hunting and signing up, I am making steady progress toward marketing myself. The only thing I can say that has been truly enjoyable about this whole experience thus far has been meeting some of the great people I have and the amount of info I have gleaned not only from them, but on my own through trial and error. I have to say, my choice to pursue a career in editing is definitely a good road for me because this marketing business is seriously hard to do! It's not for the weak of heart and I would recommend that if anyone out there is thinking of pursuing this avenue, try to find a support team that can back you up and relieve you of some of the burden. I know I could use a helping hand, or two. I won't give up though, not matter how stressful it may be, because, in the long run, I know my efforts will pay off. For what it's worth, to those of you who are reading this, you shouldn't give up either. There are so many out there that have taken the same path and have found, and continue to find, success.

Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comment below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...