Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

As It Stands Today

Good day :)

Today I decided to jump start my new class: business. So far, it's pretty okay. I think I will learn a lot for that inevitable day when I am released upon the world *evil laughter*. I don't think I will ever get into management, per say, though. Although, I do like the idea of power and wielding said power over my own personal set of minions. Hmm. Well, we'll just have to wait and see what happens there, now won't we?

Aside from school, I think I have a new idea that will further a story I started months ago, but got roadblocked and never finished. Sometimes, all it takes is a little (or a lot) of brainstorming to make the brain kick into gear and pull out the big guns. Hopefully, it will pan out and I can further my creation, though even I don't know what it will be yet.

I also made a decision that has been plaguing me for about a week now, and on and off for a couple of years. I don't want to pursue publishing my stories. Yes, I think they are good and I really enjoy hearing how much others like my work, but I just don't think that avenue is for me. That doesn't mean I won't make them available in print or Kindle or whatever, but I just don't plan to promote away. The stress isn't worth it, especially when it takes me away from writing and the joy of the whole creative process. For now, I am just content to watch my best gal pal chase her dream and chant her name from the finish line--which I know she will cross.

Yes, editing is where it is for me. I love the idea of reading so much, I want to do it for a living. I want people to come to me with their hopes and dreams and I want to see their faces when I tell them they really have something here, and I want it. I've heard so many writers say they hate reviewing their own work, to look for and fix those little errors. But, for me, that's the most enjoyable part. I may not know all, because there is so much yet to learn, but I plan to be the best of the best (at least that's the plan, anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comment below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...