Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

"We Shall Not Forget"

It's been 12 years and I remember it like it was yesterday. My son was 4 months old to the day when we watched those horrific images on the TV. I remember the pit in my stomach and the pinch in my heart, not only because of all the lives lost that day, but because I knew that my son's future would be forever impacted by this event. To date, none of my three children have known a world without war, and that saddens me more than words can express. 

It is my hope that one day our children and the world will know peace. Today, I will be holding my loved ones a little closer, and I will be keeping the lives of those we lost in my heart and their families in my prayers. 

 "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." ~ George Santayana

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comment below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...