Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

What I'm Thankful For

As the holiday approaches, I see posts everywhere about what people are thankful for, and it got me thinking. What am I thankful for? There are so many things, but today I will start with sharing one.

I am thankful that I have the opportunity to be an author.

I know this probably doesn't sound like much, but to me it really is. I've been writing for years, but I've never really considered myself to be a writer, author, or teller of lies, what have you ;) To be honest, I never really thought I was that good at it, and I certainly never thought I would be successful.

That all changed when I wrote a book entitled That First Kiss and it suddenly took off. Now people know my name, they come to tell me that they enjoyed my work. And I'm like...
Okay, maybe it's not love, but a girl can dream.

It's such a gift to hear those words. They're so simple, but they mean so much to an author. You just don't know. It's affirmation that I am at least somewhat good at what I do, and it gives me incentive to keep doing it.

I am also thankful that this is a paying gig. It didn't used to be, and while some days are better than others, I am thrilled to bits that I can pay my bills and clothe my children and have a little wiggle room to do whatever the hell pleases me from time to time. Being an author has meant seriously changes in my family's life, and all for the better. I really am thankful for that, and I am thankful for all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comment below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...