Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Overloaded

Lately I've been working on getting my story "Faerie Tales: Misfortune of a Teenage Socialite" transferred onto Kindle. It's hard work! Juggling school and family life with the extras like writing and promoting. Thankfully I am a very detail oriented person. The bad thing is I am a bit of a perfectionist. I can't count how many times I've made changes and set myself back another hour, day, week, but I finally blundered my way through it and have it available on Amazon. For now, I wait for my hard work to pay off.

The nice thing about promoting: it gives me a break from the stress of writing. Now, some people scoff at that idea. "Stress! What is she talking about?" I assure you, writing is stressful. Or maybe it's just me. Coming up with an idea is as easy as breathing. It's executing that idea, coming up with the characters, the right names, places, and descriptions, not sounding redundant, making it flow as smoothly on "paper" as my mind sees it without leaving something out in the process of getting it right. And, even now this proves true, keeping my mind focused while my kids scream like banshees and tear apart the house. These are the things that make writing stressful.

In the end, I can't stress how important it is to have support from friends and family. Especially those who share in your passion. When you feel like you've hit a road block, like I often do, those people prove invaluable. Even now, I jump on Facebook and connect with a couple of gals who rock my world with amazing ideas and hysterical commentary until my mind is so full of stuff that I can't help but write. It's truly a blessing. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad! Because that's how it is for me too. You guys keep me motivated.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comment below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...