The Liebster Blog Award
1. Each person must post 10 facts about themselves
2. Answer 10 questions the tagger has given you and give 10 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
3. Choose 10 people and link them in your post.
4. Tell them you’ve tagged them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
Ten Random Facts About Me:
1. I love animals...all kinds.
2. I hate parties, gathering, and the like, but I love talking and hanging with my gals.
3. Sweet tea is like water to me. I must have it to survive.
4. I'm ridiculously shy.
5. I could quite literally live off of Asian cuisine. It represents all the major food groups, right? Right?
6. I'm always listening to music. So much so that I am singing it when I wake up in the morning until I pop in the ear buds again.
7. I'm really organized, but I'm also a pack rat. A very organized pack rat.
8. I secretly worry that I may be addicted to books, and it's quite possible that one day the rescue squad will have to dig me out of my own home.
9. Everyone who has ever entered my life has left a lasting impression, and even if they have forgotten about me, I will never forget them.
10. I'm stoic, but sometimes when I am alone, I have a good cry, especially when I think about my dad.
Questions from Stephanie:
1. What's the story behind the blog name?
--The truth of it is, I was scouring my brain for a title that would best represent me and my twisted sense of humor, and that's what cropped up. Not a particularly exciting tale, I know.
2. Favorite place to read?
--I will read anywhere and everywhere. Just give me a book! But I am partial to the loveseat in my living room. If I get fatigued from an all day book gorge, it lets me stretch out and continue on in comfort.
3. Best book-to-movie adaptaion, in your opinion?
--OMG, that would have to be the Sookie Stackhouse novels. I started reading those before there was even talk that it would become a show and the first season was a surprise. I was able to follow each episode chapter to chapter for the entire first book! That's got to be a record or something.
4. Name 5 books that everyone should read at least once in their lifetime :]
--Well, while I like some of the classics, they are not my favorite, so I won't even pretend to push them on anyone. I think my favorite book--and one that I have pushed numerous times--would have to be Sherrilyn Kenyon's Acheron. It's just so complex, deep, emotional, disturbing, and beautiful all wrapped up into a tight little package. It's definitely a book I could read again and again.
5. How long have you been book blogging for?
--My blog is a over a year old, but I have only recently started working to get it off the ground. Before that, I was--and still am--helping to manage a blog with a friend and fellow author. So, I keep pretty busy.
6. What's your favorite thing to participate in (memes, reviews, giveaways, challenges, etc.)?
--I absolutely LOVE reviewing books. I love discovering new books and shooting off my thoughts about it. Anytime I can put in my two cents is a good day.
7. What do you want to do or what do you do, career wise?
--Right now I am a wife and mother, but I just completed my degree and have one more to get under my belt before I hit the streets. My plan is to become a book editor so I can spend my days reading books and scoping out upcoming talented writers. I want to open the doors to those who might otherwise be turned away or overlooked. There's a lot of talent out there!
8. What are your top 5 favorite book blogs?
--Batty for Books; Between the Bind; The Little Death; Lily Harlem; Wanted Readers
9. Who are your book boyfriends?
--If I list them all, we'll be here all day. Highlights, then.
Acheron (DH); Wraith (LoD), Wrath (BDB), Rhage (BDB); Zsadist (BDB); Vishous (BDB); Shade (Demonica); Thanatos (LoD); Dimitri (VA); Gideon (LotU)...etc., etc.
Did someone turn up the heat in here?
10. What is your favorite genre to read?
--Definitely paranormal romances. They are the best of many worlds...and the hot sword toting, fanged, muscle bound men don't hurt either.
People I'm Tagging:
4. Book Rants
10. Vamps R Us
Questions for my Tag-ees:
1. What's the first book you read that made you catch your breath?
2. If you could be any character, from any book, who would it be? Why?
3. What started you blogging?
4. What is your favorite Quote?
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
6. If you could be any character, from any book, who would it be? Why?
7. If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
8. What kinds of books do you gravitate toward (genre)?
9. What kind of qualities do you look for in a hero/heroine?
10. Recommend one book that you think everyone should read at least once.