Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Teaser Tuesday~Great Exploitations by Nicole Williams



Do you know Nicole? You might recognize her name from her popular Crash series starring the delectable Jude Ryder. Or maybe you've read Eternal Eden or another one of her absolutely fantabulous books. She has quickly earned a top spot on my "must read all" list, so as soon as I found this little gem, I was on it!

Talk about original.

Great Exploitations is a short story introduction to her new Mischief in Miami series and is just the right amount of tease to leave you wanting more. Needless to say, I can't wait for book 2!!

So, rather than review it, I will share a little teaser to help lure you--ahem, entice you to add it to your TBR.


Teaser:

Oh and there it was, the first tear.

Sadness: check.

"How can you be so calm? How can you stand there and pretend I'm asking you to do nothing more than drop my husband's shirts off at the dry cleaner?" she said, flailing her hands about as she struggled to catch her breath. We were getting close to the next one: mild hysteria.

My instinct was to hug her, or grab her hand, to offer some measure of comfort. But I didn't. I wasn't one of the best because I'd turned off my instincts; I was one of the best because I'd learned how to manage them.

Don't get personal.

I'd held to that rule, and it had never done me wrong. Offering comfort was too personal. Tough love was even too personal. I strived for apathetic logic.

"I stay calm because emotion is a handicap," I explained, clasping my hands to keep from reaching out.


*** 

Everything about this story is so well written and planned out and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Be sure to check it out! 


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so! I really do enjoy all of Williams' work, and this one is so different from the others. Normally, that doesn't work for me, but this one is certainly an exception to the rule.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comment below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...