Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Sneak Peek Saturday~ Damaged by H.M. Ward


Before you say anything, I know, it's late. In my defense, I had to take my daughter to a birthday party. Just part of being a mom! But you're not here to listen to me ramble....

"The way you turned green the other night has everyone thinking you're knocked up and that the pretty professor did it."

What a jackass. I flip through his contacts looking for one in particular. "You seriously know how to flatter a girl. You called me fat and slutty in the same sentence." I press my thumb to one of his contacts and his phone dials.

Dusty finally notices that I'm not playing Angry Birds. "Hey, what are you doing?"

I hold up my index finger and shush him. Someone answers after a few rings. "Hi, this is Sidney Colleli. I'm sitting here with your son and I thought you'd be horrified at his manners. He really needs a once over before I smack my tray over his head." I called his Mom's cell phone.

She seems nice, but Dusty is hyperventilating, watching me as his thin body folds in half. He hisses, "You called my mom!"

 I just finished this one today, and I loved the connection between the two MCs. Lots of humor and good times alongside the bad. Worth the read :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comment below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...