Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Teaser Tuesday~ Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark #2) by A. Meredith Walters

"Maria," I started to say, moving away slightly so that her hand dropped from my skin. Her smile flickered and died. "You know I think you're awesome, right?" I said lamely. I couldn't launch into it's not you it's me. There was something fundamentally dickish about that.

Maria laughed without humor and gulped down her tea. "Yes, I'm awesome. And you really like my friendship right?" she asked with a surprising amount of bitterness. Christ, had I led this girl on more than I thought?

"Seriously, Maria. I'm sorry if you got the wrong idea..." and then she cut me off again.

She gave me a strained smile. "Nope, no wrong idea here Clay. I've seen the picture by your bed. I know the score. We're friends. Sorry if I made you feel like I wanted something else. Not my intention, I swear." She held up three fingers in the Girls Scout promise thing.

Damn it, this had the making of epic awkwardness all over it. Maria Cruz was easily my closest friend here. And at this point in my life, friendship was in short supply.


***

I absolutely love this series! If you haven't already checked it out, I highly recommend it. Also, be sure to add this one to your TBR. You won't be disappointed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comment below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...