Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Weekend Writing Warriors!~ 8 Sentences


He paused, his fingers covering the lock. With his back to her, he asked, “You got a name?”
“Piper. How about you?” she asked, but he was already opening the door. An angry mob of women waited outside for them, and Piper hurried to follow him out. Together, they took the walk of shame past scowling, bloodthirsty, hormonal females bristling for a fight and back into the heart of the club. She came up short when he turned to face her.
Grasping the back of her neck again, he drew her up to him and brushed her mouth with a kiss. “Thank you,” he said softly, and then without a backward glance, he slipped into the crowd.


                                                            ~*~
That First Kiss is slated for release in June. If you haven't already added it to your summer reading list, you can do so here.

If you are new to the Night Calls series, check out the brand new trailer for Stranded, the stunning introduction to this interconnected series! 


Be sure to check out all the bloggers participating in this blog hop over at  http://www.wewriwa.com/!

11 comments:

  1. I like it! Oh, the mystery! Nice post! "...walk of shame past scowling, bloodthirsty, hormonal females bristling for a fight ..." Oh, the visual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks Teresa! I'm glad you enjoyed the visual :)

      Delete
  2. This snippet made me laugh. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, I definitely felt the negative energy from that crowd LOL. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why the crowd was so angry, but I could feel the negative vibes. Great 8.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah....and I loved this description: "scowling, bloodthirsty, hormonal females bristling for a fight"! Nice snippet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait! Where did he go? And after that kiss? Nice post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have so many questions about this.. Like: why does it appear there is a mob assembled outside ready for lynching? Or: how rude of him to leave her to clean up a mess that he probably made worse?

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you have questions! I mean, I can't answer them, but still, I'm glad you have them! (Gosh, that sounds mean LOL)

      Delete
  8. No, no, no! He can't just disappear into the crowd. The crowd's bloodthirsty. He has to come back, right?

    Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comment below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...