Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Sneak Peek Saturday~The Ghost in my Bedroom by Heather Jones


Lucy Warner has managed to fall in love with her roommate – who has been dead for about 25 years. Since he’s been haunting her bedroom from the time when she was a baby, they have grown to be very good friends; a secret that no one else knows about, not even her best friend Ling. But Lucy wonders if it is possible to be more than just friends, as she realizes Ryan is the perfect guy for her.

It is the summer after high school graduation. Lucy finds herself newly single, and slightly bitter after a bad breakup. When Ling sets her up on a date with Jon, she plays along to try and forget about her ghost and get on in life with a real living guy. But when she finds out Jon can see ghosts too, keeping her secret gets a little complicated.



"Oh Ryan, I've been in love with you for so long..."

"Lucy," he said cutting me off, shaking his head. "You know we can't do this. We can't possibly have a future together."

I felt my heart rip in half as he said what I already knew to be true, but all of my instinct told me to fight it. "Don't say that."

"No, I have to, don't think I haven't thought this through a million times. There is no way we can be together. I'm dead. You're not," he shrugged like it was the most matter of fact thing he'd ever said.


****

Awe, so sad :( 
So what do you think? Could you fall in love with a ghost?



1 comment:

  1. I drop a comment when I like a article on a site or I have something
    to contribute to the discussion. Usually it is triggered by the fire communicated in the post I
    read. And after this post "Sneak Peek Saturday~The Ghost in my Bedroom by Heather Jones".
    I was moved enough to post a leave a responsea response :-P I actually
    do have some questions for you if it's allright. Is it simply me or does it appear like some of the comments look as if they are left by brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are posting on other sites, I'd like to follow you.

    Could you make a list all of your community pages like your linkedin profile,
    Facebook page or twitter feed?

    Feel free to surf to my web-site: www.golfgabs.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comment below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...