Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Teaser Tuesday~ Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. Maxwell

Lucie placed her gift for Lizzie on the designated table by the door and then nervously scanned the sea of people. 

"Stop fidgeting," Reid said in her ear. His hand at her lower back helped to ease her, but not by much. 

"I'm not fidgeting." 

"Yes, you are." 

He was right. She was practically hyperventilating, which was likely to come next. She couldn't seem to stop. Why did she feel like she was stepping into the lion's den? These were people she'd known and been comfortable with for years. But what if they didn't like her new look? Or what if they thought poorly of her for changing her appearance? 

She barely managed to keep her startled squeak contained in her chest when Reid yanked her out of the room. "Hey!" 

"Shh," he ordered as he dragged her down the hall, turned a corner, and then sandwiched her between his large body and the wall. "You're freaking yourself out for no reason, so I'm going to teach you a trick I use before a fight." 

"Reid, I hardly think--" 

"No thinking. Visualizing. Before I step into a cage I visualize every punch, every kick, every takedown. I know my opponent well from studying his previous fights. I anticipate how he'll react to my attacks so I'll be ready for any situation. That's exactly what I want you to do right now." 

~*~

I've been anticipating reading Seducing Cinderella since I caught a gander at this gorgeous cover. It's gorgeous, right?! So, what are your thoughts on this little snippet? Have you read anything by Maxwell in the past, or have you already read Seducing Cinderella? Share your thoughts, I'd love to hear them!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the teaser! I have had this on my TBR for a while. I definitely added it there because of the cover :-) I look forward to reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added it for the same reason! I think it's one of the main reasons for me adding a book most days. How about you?

      Delete

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comment below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...